Minneapolis Child Injury Lawyers
If you place your child in another person's care, whether a friend or family member, you trust that individual implicitly to provide adequate attention and supervision, protecting your child from harm.
At Woods & Thompson, P.A., we value children, and our firm is committed to fighting for their protection. If your child has been hurt due to the negligence of another person, it is important that you seek legal representation to ensure that your child is provided the treatment needed to make the fullest recovery possible.
Our attorneys work with parents and families to carefully investigate the details of the accident and hold the responsible parties accountable. While you may be hesitant to file a claim against someone you know, it is important that you take legal steps to ensure that your child receives the very best treatment possible.
- Swimming accidents — When there is a pool or body of water nearby, it becomes vital that a child is watched at every second. By just turning your back for a moment, a child can easily fall in and quickly drown.
- Burn injuries — These happen more commonly to children than any other demographic. From touching a hot surface to pulling boiling pans down on themselves, children can suffer burns and scars that may follow them the rest of their lives.
- Falling objects — As children explore and play, they can easily pull down bookcases and heavy objects on themselves, resulting in broken bones, neck injuries or head trauma.
- Falls — Children are often susceptible to falling down stairs or off of unsafe heights. They must be monitored and assisted at all times.
- Electrical injuries — It is important that areas are child proofed, protecting them from outlets, cords and appliances that can cause serious electrical burns or electrocution to curious children.